9.27.2009

sweetest boy

Life has been pretty hectic around here. We're trying to get as much done for Baby and prepare for the holidays, too. I know I'm not going to feel like braving the stores when I'm either 39 weeks pregnant or when I have 2 little ones in the snow.

Sometimes, it shocks me how grown up The Bear is. He's had a rough patch adjusting to Hubby being home. He loves hanging out with him, but everytime Hubby leaves - either for work, a shower or The Bear has to go to bed - we had some full out temper tantrums. He doesn't get when he's leaving for a few minutes, a day or a month.

I've started a habit of giving his crib friends (the 3 stuffies that hang out in his crib) kisses good night.

Tonight, he gave good night kisses and hugs to all 3 of them and laid them down. George earned a prime spot sharing his pillow while the other two were put down by his feet. He tucked George in under the blanket. Then he sat down and rubbed the back of his head like I do before bedtime. After a few minutes, he looked at me. He put his finger to his lips and told me to "SHHHH".

Sometimes I just want to squeeze him and keep him little forever.

No comments: