10.26.2009

politeness police

The Bear is 22 months old and has budding language skills. I'm definitely learning his priorities though. He has mastered words such as "cookie" and "dinosaur" but we're still working on "thank you." (I should not complain though; he's been consistent with "sorry" and the little "love you" melts my heart.)

I was getting frustrated with him and trying to get him to come to the door so we could go somewhere. I don't remember where, but I can guess we were probably running late. He was standing in the kitchen looking at me just being a 22 month old.

I had finally had enough and busted out the full name followed by a "come here right now."

He gives me his little half smile and prompts me with "please".

Exasperated, I repeated please.

He came to me immediately laughing.

The politeness police caught me without my manners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a sweetie!!!he will get there!!

loved the post...