3.22.2010

big boy bike

The Bear got his first bike this weekend. It was finally warm enough to play outside for more than 15 minutes so I busted out the little scooter thing I had gotten free as a hand-me-down.

Hubby was less than impressed. He wanted his boy to have a real bike. During nap time, we did a little online research. We skipped the tricycle stage because most of those only last until age 3. I was not about to shell out $50 for something he can only use one summer.

We went for a small, bike with training wheels. Hubby took a solo trip to Toys R Us to pick it up while I stayed home with the napping boys. I like to give Hubby a chance to make some of those parenting decisions.

You should have seen The Bear's face light up when he came downstairs to his new ride. He promptly got on it and we all headed outside to play.

He's such a big boy.

He can reach the pedals, but he can't quite get it moving by himself. Not a big deal though. That's what Daddy's are for.


He's so very proud of himself.

Now, if anyone has a way to distract a 2 year old from a new bike that would be fantastic. He isn't quite grasping the "it's raining and you have to wait until tomorrow" concept.

2 comments:

Expat Girl said...

Haha that last bit on your post made me laugh!

ashsweets said...

aww adorable baby