12.08.2008

Home

One of my best friends (hubby is the other one) was able to come up for the bear's birthday party. It was amazingly nice and it made it not so lonely for his birthday weekend.

At the party, someone asked when she was going home. She said "I'm going back to Maryland tonight. I'm not going home until the week before Christmas."

She's going to grad school there and has been since 2006. She will be there until 2011. She calls Chicago home - where she grew up and her parents live.

To a Navy family, Maryland would be a home and a half. We will never live somewhere that long. But, that doesn't mean you can't make it home.

Chicago isn't my home anymore. It's my parents' home. My home is in Connecticut. My home will be where ever the Navy sends hubby, me and the bear.

1 comment:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Thanks for following my blog! It's always good to "meet" another mil spouse!

PS- I think your baby is cute. Don't worry. :)