5.19.2010

monotasking

I love MOPS. If there is one piece of advice I could give to all the mommies out there, it would be to find a local MOPS group.

As I've mentioned before, I get weekly emails with encouraging bits of mommy wisdom. A few weeks ago, the topic was monotasking. Not multitasking. Monotasking.

With the two littles, I am constantly juggling way more than I should be. The thing about doing 3,000 things at the same time is I do none of them well. None of them nearly as well as I could. And, I don't enjoy doing any of them. It's always a burden.

I've been working on this crazy concept of monotasking. Ignoring those dirty dishes in the sink, the toys all over the floor, all the "I should be"s . . . and instead enjoying the time with the little boys.

I'm raising little boys to be honorable men. That is where my attention and effort should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic advice! Although you probably shouldn't let those dishes go for too long!