11.12.2009

giving thanks: day 11

This is going to sound weird. Just hear me out.

Today, I am thankful Hubby goes away. I miss him so and hate him being away, BUT it does give me some freedom and guts I wouldn't have if he was here. I'm not talking doing anything crazy. Just little things I feel I can do without him here.

This underway:
I've made The Bear's birthday invitations. I probably would have bought them if Hubby had been home.
I made some garland and decorations for his party. These could have been bought, too. It's filled my nights, and I really like the homemade approach for a lot of things.
I made a photo collage in our front hallway.
I made duvet covers, pillow cases and curtains for The Bear and Baby.
I recovered our chairs.
I just did a trial run of The Bear's cake.

While I can't wait for him to be home, I'm trying to make the most of these lonely nights. Not too much longer though. And, then I'll gladly give up my crafts for some TV and snuggles.

1 comment:

Ann M. said...

I totally agree with you on this. When my husband is gone I learn things about myself I never would have if he was here. I've made friends and done things that I wouldn't have, because I wouldn't have been looking to fill that time. Life when they're home is fantastic but it goes on when they're gone, too. It's awesome that you have been so creative with your nights! That's great!