11.14.2009

giving thanks: day 13

Today was a rainy, rainy day here for us. There were gusts of wind up to 40 mph. It rained basically all day. It never poured, but there was a steady rain all day.

Because as you all know, I strongly dislike Saturdays I try to jam as much as I can into them when Hubby is gone.

Despite the rain and my cold, The Bear and I adventured out to see Thomas. THE Thomas. Like Thomas the Train. He was visiting a local train station and it was actually quite cute. It would have been a wonderful day if a) it had not been raining or b) I had a maternity rain coat.


None the less, The Bear loved the train ride. He loved all the train tables set out. He loved the electric train set. He was given a Jr. Engineer certificate by the conductor (cheapest engineering degree he's ever going to get). He had a fabulous time. We were able to go with some friends, and so I had a pretty good time, too. Trains don't excite me as much as The Bear, but I can now say I have seen Thomas.

It was nice to have something that filled our gloomy day. And, I definitely earned some good mommy points. Bear, remember this when you pick out my nursing home :-)

2 comments:

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

That is so cool, my son loves thomas the train.

Independentmami said...

It rain on us at the Renaissance Festival. But the rain only made me want to dance in it. Like a big kid. Cute picture.