11.11.2009

giving thanks: day 8, 9 and 10

So I fail. Monday was a less than pleasant day and I totally forgot to write. And, once you slack the first day the second day of slacking just comes so naturally. Apparently, the same rules that apply to exercise apply to blogging.

Day 8: Monday, The Bear and I ran some errands. I bought some of those things that we didn't save for Baby - like pacifiers. No one needs used pacifiers, and apparently you're supposed to replace them every 3 months anyways. It was fun to buy those final little things. While I am definitely at the uncomfortable stage of this pregnancy, I am so very grateful that Baby is growing properly. We had a scare where we thought Baby might have IUGR also, and I am thankful he's developing as he should.

Day 9: Every other Tuesday, we have MOPS at our church. MOPS is amazingly wonderful. If you have small children, I strongly recommend you look for a local MOPS group. The kiddos are down the hall with grandma types and the moms get to have real, grown up conversations. We did a super fun craft. I made mine for my mom as part of her Christmas gift. I love handmade gifts; it's just so much more personal than buying something. It warms my heart to make things for other people, and I'm really excited for Christmas to come.

Day 10: Today, The Bear had his two year old pictures. It's still 3 weeks until his birthday, but I'm trying to get things in before Baby comes. I would feel awful is we skipped pictures or his birthday party because of Baby. I know siblings have to share, but sharing doesn't involve blowing off someone's big day. His party is in a week and a half, and I like having some pictures out at his party. I also found an amazingly awesome idea on etsy that I wanted to be able to for his party. The photographer was the same one that did my maternity pictures. Sara is amazingly patient and kind and wonderful. With all the Christmas pictures going on, she said it would take about a week and a half to get the files on a CD. She was kind enough to email me one earlier tonight so I could use it at his party. How amazingly nice is that? So here's your sneak peak.

I can't wait to get the rest of them! I can't believe he's almost 2!

No comments: