11.07.2009

small talk 6: never a survivor winner

I remembered the fun world of Small Talk Six today and thought I would play along. The Bear and I are having a lazy morning of jammies and Curious George. I used to do these things all the time in high school through email and my first blog (which was quite advanced since it was like 2000). Head over to MomDot to play along. It's an excellent way to feel like you've accomplished something when you really haven't :-)


Today's topic is “6 reasons why you would be doomed if you were stranded on a deserted island all by yourself.”

1. I am a very picky eater. I would say I was the world's pickiest eater, but it seems my friends are just as picky. We're drawn to each other, I guess. Nothing that comes from the sea. I'm not really into meat; the thought of eating bugs makes me gag. So unless island has a potato field, I wouldn't last long.

2. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Going from running 24/7 to being all alone with no responsibilities would surely insight a mental breakdown. I can't even handle more than a night of nothing now. I always have to be starting a craft or project to occupy myself. There are only so many sand castles I could build.

3. Grass and sand. I can not stand sitting in grass or walking in it barefoot. It grosses me out. I can handle sitting in sand (as long as I'm dry), but I could never sleep on it. I would have dreams of little crabs climbing all over me. You can only last so long standing.

4. I would worry about The Bear. While a break would be nice, I have a feeling Hubby might not handle being alone with The Bear for forever and a half alone. It wears on me, so I know it would get to him. It would be interesting to see what he ended up dressed in every day.

5. I would also miss Hubby. The Navy has gotten me accustomed to him being away for long periods of time with limited communication, but I don't think I could handle being the one away. Emotional wreck - check. Wracked with guilt - check. Nervous breakdown - check.

6. Right now, I'm very pregnant. 36 weeks, 1 day to be exact. There is no way I could deliver this boy by myself. It would make an awesome TLC special though. "I did know I was pregnant, but I gave birth on a deserted island because I'm an idiot and thought I could do it myself"

3 comments:

Brittany said...

LOL Love the last one! You could totally get rich off the show!

Kritta22 said...

Stopping by from Momdot! You are too cute!

Daenel T. said...

Number 3 killed me - I got all itchy thinking about it...

And congrats on the new little one!