11.15.2009

holidays: toddler style

I refuse to quit doing fun things with The Bear once Baby arrives. While a lot of things are going to change (I'm not in complete denial), I don't want to stop things that are educational and stimulating for him.

I just got an email from our local children's museum with their schedule for the next few months. I was so excited to see that they have a special event for New Year's Eve. It's called "Countdown to Noon". The event there runs from 11 am - 1 pm doing all the NYE festivities ... just 12 hours before Dick Clark. There is hat making, confetti, snacks, making resolutions and ending with the big ball drop at 12 noon.

We'll be going this year, and I would love for it to be a tradition. I know we won't be here long enough for it to be a real tradition, but it wouldn't be hard to do something similar at home. I just thought it was an awesomely easy idea that allows little ones to celebrate in a way that won't wreak havoc on their sleep schedule.

No comments: